Have you always wanted to find out about the working life of a Media Planner, what requirements are needed for the job, what salary you can expect and what job opportunities this presents? Our job descriptions introduce you to a variety of exciting tasks within the field of Digital Marketing. In this case we focus on the Media Planner:
- In your role as digital Media Planer, you are the link between the advertiser, the media and the customer and are responsible for the planning and implementation of advertisement campaigns across digital channels (display ads, Facebook ads, YouTube campaigns etc.)
- You are also responsible for cost budgeting and the profitability of the campaign. It is your job to find the ideal balance between the economic perspective of the customer and the creative media world
- You must understand the brand, the market, the target groups and, in particular, your customers and tailor your campaigns accordingly
- Education/training: You have successfully completed a media-related or marketing-related or business degree, which you have ideally expanded with internships, or you have completed comparable vocational training
- Further requirements: You have an affinity for numbers, a talent for organisation, are a strong communicator and bring great presentation and negotiation skills to the table
- Tools: You are well-versed in working with Microsoft Office, in particular with Excel as well as common planning and analysis tools such as agof and MDS
WHAT DOES A MEDIA PLANNER EARN?
Entry level: 20,000 – 25,000
Mid-level: 30,000 – 50,000
Executive level: 50,000 – 70,000
WHERE ARE MEDIA PLANNERS NEEDED?
- Media, PR and advertisement agencies
- Publishers, radio and TV